Sunday, August 30, 2009

Wrapping my head around a blog

Not sure if a blog is the right thing for me, better said, a blog can be a good thing for me but not sure that's what I had in mind. I can see how this format could so quickly turn into a personal diary, that's all nice and good but I don't think a personal diary would be of much use to anyone, especially to anyone just learning that they are members of my tribe too. While of course it can be inspiring to read about survival stories and positive outcomes when you first start to grapple with this, and believe me, there are plenty of them out there, I want this to be different. I don't want it to be about my story, because to be honest, my story is probably irrelevant to people outside of my circle. Every person's story is different, every cancer is different, every circumstance is different, and when I first began to try to navigate through this what I needed most wasn't reading other people's stories, what I needed was some sort of resource to help me piece together my own, so that's what I'm setting out to do. Even a little bit of information that helps you sort out the experience you are going through can be huge, and I've been lucky enough to have found help along my way, that's what I want to provide to my sisters and brothers now.

No comments:

Post a Comment